Let All About the Philippines take you on an awesome journey to the lively and colorful country of Mary, Jaime and Ari - first cousins who look completely different from one another but are the best of friends. They'll introduce you to their homes, their schools, their families, favorite places to visit, holidays and more. They'll show you how kids there - just like kids in so many other parts of the world - come from many cultures and have their own traditions, languages and beliefs...and yet, they are all 100% Filipino.
Along with facts, you'll learn about the spirit of the Philippines that makes this country and its people wonderfully unique. This is a book for families to enjoy together.
In this book, you will:
- Learn about conquistadors and traders who came to these islands many centuries ago
- Join Mary, Jaime and Ari on vacation to see how earthquakes, typhoons and other natural events make the Philippines a place that's beautiful and full of life
- Check out Filipino games and make your own sipa - the Philippines' version of hacky-sack
- Experience the different cultural festivals, and try a few easy recipes for holiday treats
- Make a parol - a Filipino holiday decoration you can enjoy all year long
- Learn how many people of many different languages can communicate together
- PLUS A LOT MORE!
AWARD: 2016 Gold Prize, American Moonbeam Children's Book Award
AUTHOR: Gidget Roceles Jimenez
ILLUSTRATOR: Corazon Dandan-Albano
PUBLISHER: Tuttle Publishing
DATE PUBLISHED: 2015